Liberty Tabletop Offers Quality, Value and Design for Your Table
When you’re in the market for new flatware, you’re probably interested in three main objectives: quality, design and value. At Liberty Tabletop, we know how important it is for you to get the flatware you want, at a great price.
We believe everyone should enjoy flatware that not only provides function, but form as well – and that’s why we strive to bring our customers beautiful flatware collections that not only offer quality manufacturing and design elements not found in a department store, but also offers value.
Liberty Tabletop is manufactured with pride in the same Sherrill, N.Y. plant, formerly owned by Oneida Limited® before they shifted their production overseas. We employ many of the same people who once worked for Oneida®, use the same highly automated equipment and follow essentially the same manufacturing process that once produced Oneida® flatware. But why should it matter to you that Liberty Tabletop is still producing quality flatware right in the Sherrill facility?
Almost everyone has experienced products that simply do not perform or last like they used to. This is because the whole outsourcing business model is based on finding the cheapest place to make the cheapest item possible and quality unfortunately has almost become an afterthought.
We have actually heard senior buyers say “put some
• We’re Competitive: How can a company that produces their flatware in the U.S.A. compete with major brands, which produces their flatware overseas?
The answer is simple – at Liberty Tabletop, we’ve cut out the middleman and sell directly to you, the end customer. When a customer purchases flatware from a big box store, the flatware company is giving up to 70 percent of their profit to the store. What is worse, the iconic brand that puts their name on the box takes about half of what is left over leaving the manufacturer with less than 15% of what you end up paying.
It does cost us more to make product here in the United States, particularly since we are committed to producing quality and not cutting corners. Fortunately, with the direct selling model we can afford to produce a quality product and deliver it to you at a competitive price!
We Benchmark: At Liberty Tabletop, we benchmark our pricing against imports to verify that our lines sell for an equal or lower price. That way, we can focus on bringing you superior flatware at a price competitive with inferior, foreign-manufactured goods.
Liberty Tabletop manufactures our quality flatware in Sherrill, N.Y., at the former Oneida Limited® facility.
• Metal: A major difference between Liberty Tabletop flatware and product that is manufactured overseas is in the metal quality – overseas manufacturers often take their metal quality down from 18-10 to 18-0, and that means the flatware may not retain its luster over time.
At Liberty Tabletop we only use the finest 18-10 stainless for our forks, spoons and knife handles and highly polished hardenable stainless steel for our knife blades. Additionally, all of the stainless steel we use in the production of our flatware comes from steel mills right in the U.S.A.
Some foreign markets don’t rigorously monitor and test their metals, and unfortunately elements like lead, mercury and non-metallic toxic elements can be present in the steel they use. Because flatware is a product that you put in your mouth ever day, we believe this is important.
• Embossing: When you purchase flatware from a retail chain store, the chances are you’re purchasing a product that has been made to much less exacting standards than the flatware you’d order from Liberty Tabletop. Companies that have moved their operations overseas aren’t just skimping on the quality of the metal used, but also on the design.
Thicknesses of long-standing patterns have been reduced, and many manufacturers have moved away from the traditional hollow-handle knife to the forged mono-block knife made from inferior stainless steel, which can corrode over time.
When you choose flatware from Liberty Tabletop, you’ll enjoy flatware that’s made to strict standards – you only receive the best pieces from our production line.
• Finishing: Just as important as what the metal in your flatware is made from, is the finishing process that includes washing the product. We use modern coining presses to emboss the pattern detail into the pieces. This ensures crisp deep pattern detail that will stand up to polishing and maintain it’s beauty for years. In foreign facilities, trichloroethylene, or TCE, is frequently used as a cleaner in the final phase. Almost every flatware factory in Asia uses TCE in their process – and we think you should know that this compound is a highly toxic carcinogen, and is nowadays almost never used in cleaning metal parts in the U.S.A. It has never been used by Sherrill manufacturing, and never will be. We wash our product the same way you do at home, with soap and water.
We Offer a Guarantee: At the end of the day, everyone wants peace of mind that the products they purchase are a good value, are well worth the purchase price and meet all expectations. This can be difficult purchasing products over the Internet based on an image on your computer screen.
We are very confident that our flatware will pass the test and therefore back up your purchase with a 100 percent satisfaction guarantee.
If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase for any reason, simply return it within 30 days and we will return your full purchase price, no questions asked.
When you shop for your flatware in a department store, you’re sometimes faced with not finding the pattern you like, or not enough of it. And, if you lose a flatware piece, you’re often out of luck! When you shop at Liberty Tabletop, you’ll find a huge variety of beautiful patterns and designs to meet a range of budgets. What’s more, you’ll never have to stress about finding a replacement piece should you lose one again – we will always be able to get you a replacement, or extend your set.
Our pattern lines include:
• SMI: The SMI line has been designed to be affordable for those who still want quality flatware without compromising metal quality and durability. Made from the same high quality 18-10 stainless as our other product lines, the SMI line is designed in traditional American flatware sizes. The one-piece forged knife is heavy weight and balanced. The SMI line is designed for everyday use, is dishwasher safe and will maintain its luster for decades.
• Sherrill Home: The Sherrill Home flatware line consists of designs, sizing and weights found in most American households over the past several decades. While virtually all other brands offering this quality level have downgraded metal type to 18-0, Sherrill Manufacturing still produces the Home line using the finest 18-10 stainless available in the marketplace. The Sherrill Home patterns also feature hollow handle knives normally only found in more expensive flatware categories. Our refusal to cut corners will give your flatware that beautiful blue hue when new and over the lifetime of the product.
• Heritage: The Heritage line of flatware by Liberty Tabletop is positioned to set the standard for fine bridal quality flatware in the industry. The line is benchmarked to provide a superior value when compared with similar products offered in the high-end bridal sections of major department stores. The forks, spoons and serving pieces are made from the finest 18-10 stainless to ensure decades of luster and the knives are hollow handle design. Patterns range from traditional to modern and are all finished to our highest quality standard.
• LUX: The LUX line by Liberty Tabletop offers our heaviest weight and most finely polished flatware pieces. The articles within each pattern are larger dimensionally than traditional American flatware designs. Great attention is paid to the smallest of details from polishing in between fork tines to inspection for slight surface imperfections. The forks, spoons and serving pieces are made from the finest 18-10 stainless to ensure decades of luster. The LUX knives feature an 18-10 hollow handle, in the tradition of fine sterling flatware making, with our best, hardened stainless steel blade. The LUX line meets or exceeds the highest industry quality standards and truly shines when compared to similar products found in high-end department and high-end specialty retail stores.
When you’re ready to purchase beautiful, quality flatware that’s made in the U.S.A., at a competitive price, Liberty Tabletop wants to be your choice. To learn more, browse our patterns and see for yourself the difference in quality you’ll experience when you choose Liberty flatware for your table.